Microsoft India has recently announced a partnership with the Ministry of Labor and Employment (MoLE).
The joint venture is an extension of the government’s ongoing investment in empowering youth in rural and semi-urban areas. Press statement Announced by Microsoft India. Through the initiative, Microsoft and the Ministry of Labor and Employment will provide access to comprehensive computer and computer science training to 10 million active registered job seekers on the National Career Services (NCS) platform, equipping them with the skills needed to thrive in the digital economy, the statement added.
DigiSaksham will be implemented by Aga Khan Rural Support Program-India (AKRSP-I), conceived and designed by Microsoft India. According to the company, the program will affect more than 300,000 job seekers in its first year, training them in topics such as programming language, data analytics, software development basics and advanced digital productivity.
Launched on 30 September 2021 in New Delhi, the event was attended by Union Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change and Labor and Employment, Government of India Bhupendra Yadav, Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Rameshwar Teli, Government of India, Government of India, Anant Maheshwari , President, Microsoft India, and Apoorva Ojha, CEO, Aga Khan Rural Support Program-India.
Inaugurating the initiative, Bhupendra Yadav, Union Cabinet Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change, and Labor and Employment, Government of IndiaSaid
“Under the leadership of Hon’ble PM Modi, India is accelerating its digital revolution. Today, whether it is the expansion of digital services or the digital capability to acquire skills in various trades, the Government of India has implemented and developed a number of initiatives. If you want to succeed, it is important for your young people to be proficient in computer and digital skills. Careers are being offered for free on the service portal. You can enroll and join the program to enhance your digital skills and increase jobs and employment opportunities in the digital world through DigiSaksham. A large gram. “
Speaking of partnerships, Anant Maheshwari, President, Microsoft IndiaSaid
“Ensuring equitable access and opportunities in digital technologies and skills will be essential to realize the Digital India Vision. Our collaboration with the Ministry of Labor and Employment demonstrates our commitment to closing the digital equity gap and empowering India’s youth to succeed in digital economy. There is a unique opportunity to be. Providing equal opportunities and access to digital skills for all will be the key to building long-term economic and social value for India. “
Microsoft India has said it will take advantage of DigiSaksham MoLE’s platform National Careers Service (NCS) to equip young people with skills and industry-recognized certifications that increase access to employment opportunities and promote skills-based jobs. Jobseekers registered on the NCS portal will be trained in the relevant special technology modules according to their existing educational qualifications. Technology modules will be taught at intermediate and advanced levels, participants will be equipped with digital skills.
Microsoft’s global commitment to help 2.5 million people acquire digital skills in the Covid-19 economy is an extension. The project aims to support the current government ecosystem by upskilling job seekers from a four-step approach:
- Feature: AKRSP (I) will meet the skills requirements in the field and develop customized learning avenues to improve the employability of job seekers.
- Content aggregation: Microsoft’s technical course syllabus will be integrated on the NCS portal through the Global Skills Initiative to enable access to 10 lakh active registered job seekers.
- Job Search Training: The program will train 300K + beneficiaries in India directly from a two-way approach, with online training on the Microsoft Community Training (MCT) platform, mixed models and individual workshops on selected model career centers.
- MCT is an Azure-based platform that supports personalized learning for a largely mobile-based community. MCT will be integrated on ncs.gov.in, where registered job seekers will gain access to training led by virtual trainers on technical skills such as programming language, data analytics, software development fundamentals and advanced digital productivity.
- In line with the guidelines for resumption of government educational institutions, AKRSP-I, on the advice of NICS, will recognize MCC’s four MCCs for conducting trainer-led boot camps on emerging technologies such as cloud, AI and data analytics to reach 2400 beneficiaries.
- Employment Assistance: The program will assist trained and certified youth with placements in four selected model career centers. Placement Officers will be appointed to facilitate industry-specific placements and to explore hyperlocal employment opportunities.
Like what do we do?
Latest Adtech news in your inbox